BENIN CITY-A 65-year-old mother has been hacked to death and buried in an open shallow grave at her own farm in Benin City.

The victim, Felicia Atigi was said to have gone to her farm in company of two boys as she did not return home, thereafter.

It was learnt that her son one John Atigi reported at Evbuotubu police division that his mother was nowhere to be found since the day she left for her farm.

Operatives of Evbuotubu police station were said to have mobilised and commenced extensive bush combing which eventually revealed the missing woman’s mutilated corpse concealed inside an open shallow grave at Ekehuan Community in Benin City.

The incident occurred on July 30, 2022 as it was reported to the police on August 1, 2022.

It was further gathered that the two boys who accompanied the deceased woman to her farm had earlier threatened to kill her.

Confirming the Killing, the Public Relations Officer for Edo State Police Command SP Chidi Nwabuzor said the two boys have been arrested.

“On the 1st August 2022 at about 1800hrs one John Atigi of #2 palace off Useh, Ogida Quarters Benin City reported at Evbuotubu police station on the 30th of July 2022 that his mother named Felicia Atigi of Ekehuan Community, Benin City aged 65 years left the house in company of one boy popularly called Smally to the farm along Ibori Rd, Off Ekehuan road, Benin City and did not return and all efforts made to locate her were proved abortive.

“Based on the report, the Divisional Police Officer incharge of Evbuotubu division and his men, anti-robbery team to be precise left for the scene of crime in search of the victim.

“The bush was a extensively combed and the body of the said Felicia Atigi was found in an open shallow grave with a cut on her neck and a stab injuries on the left abdomen. photographs of the body werr taken and the body was evacuated to a hospital mortuary in Benin City for autopsy and preservation.

“The two suspects called Smally one other Felix Ajaruwa were arrested and they are currently undergoing investigation.

“And these two suspects were said to have threatened to kill the diseased some weeks ago…”. SP Nwanbuzor stated.