The 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand ended on Sunday with Spain’s 1-0 victory over England in the final to clinch the trophy.
The winning first-half lone goal from Olga Carmona ensured Spain defeated England at the Stadium Australia.
Following the conclusion of the Women’s World Cup on Sunday, award winners emerged, Daily Post reports.
The award winners are:
1. Japan’s Hinata Miyazawa won the Golden Boot for the tournament’s top scorer with five goals.
2. France’s Kadidiatou Diani won the Silver Boot Award.
3. Germany’s Alexandra Popp won the Bronze Boot Award.
4. England’s Mary Earps (named FIFA Best Women’s Goalkeeper earlier this year), has been awarded the Adidas Golden Glove Award after earning three clean sheets and making a host of fine saves, including a penalty in the final against Spain.
5. Japan was awarded the FIFA Fair Play Award after finishing first in the Fair Play contest.
6. Spain’s Salma Paralluelo won the FIFA Best Young Player Award after scoring crucial goals in both the quarter-finals and semi-finals.
7. Spain’s Aitana Bonmati won the Golden Ball Award for the best player of the tournament.
8. Jennifer Hermoso won the Silver Ball Award,
9. Sweden’s Amanda Ilestedt won the Bronze Ball Award.