Speaker, Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. (Chief) Blessing Sheriff Agbebaku has received the proposal for the establishment of a University of Science and Technology Owan from members of ‘Owan Conscience’.

Rt. Hon. Agbebaku expressed gratitude to the chairman and members of the Actualization Committee for the great job done on the proposal for the University project, which he is passionate about.

Represented by his Chief of Staff, Sir (Hon) ODK Iruobe, Mr Speaker said the most important part of the job has been done by the team, which makes the process less cumbersome to achieve.

He thanked the committee, promising to make it his primary legacy and pursue its actualization vigorously to ensure the success of the project, and pledged to ensure the Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, who is very pleased to receive developmental ideas such as this gets the proposal.

Related News

Earlier, the chairman of the Actualization Committee, ‘Owan Conscience’, Professor Joseph Odigure disclosed that the proposed university is a complete departure from the normal university system, but a public-private partnership initiative, which on graduation would make them employers of labour instead of applicants.

Prof Odigure said as part of the proposal, the government was to only put on 20 percent while private partners would provide the remaining 80 percent for the project.

They appealed to the Speaker to help present the proposal to the Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki for his approval.

The highlight of the visit was the presentation of copies of the proposal to the Speaker, through the Chief of Staff, Sir ODK Iruobe.