The convoy of the Presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was on Sunday attacked by suspected hoodlums after departing the Oba of Lagos palace.

Also, two journalists attached to the Lagos State Press Crew were badly injured and others sustained minor injuries during the attack.

Our correspondent who was at the Oba of Lagos palace at Iga Iduganran reported that the incident occurred when Tinubu, Governor Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, his counterpart from Kano, Alhaji Ganduje and other dignitaries were returning to Bourdillion Avenue, Ikoyi, Lagos.

According to him, the suspected hoodlums  gathered along the Adeniji Adele road, armed with dangerous weapons like cutlasses, empty bottles, stones and others, which they used to  attack the convoy by throwing the weapons at the convoy.

Although, Tinubu and his entourage managed to escape the attack as a result of gun shots by the security operatives attached to the convoy but the Lagos State Governor Press Crew bus and the last security vehicle were unlucky.

During the attack, members of the Press Crew were physically attacked, leaving some of them with minor injuries but Ms.Adeola Ogunrinde, a correspondent attached to the State House from Western Post, an online medium, sustained serious injuries as she was hit on her right eye.

Also, the Police vehicle behind the Press Crew bus was not spared by hoodlums who dared the security men to shoot them.

The former Governor arrived in Lagos on Sunday after the Ekiti State governorship election and was received at the Presidential Wing of Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Ikeja before proceeding to the palace of the Oba of Lagos.
However, the hoodlums were dispersed when the policemen in the attacked security backup and some armed Police from Ebute Ero and Adeniji Adele stations started to shoot sporadically into air.

The Injured journalists have been taken to hospital where they received prompt medical attention and discharged.

As at the time of filing this report, the Police in the state have not made any pronouncement on the incident or whether some arrest have been made.