1. “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end…” Isaiah 9:6-7.
There is nowhere in the scripture that we have found a Prophet of God telling lies. The Prophets of God always say what God reveals to them whether you threaten them with guns and daggers.
Prophet Isaiah revealed what God told him about Jesus Christ.
There was another Prophet of God (Daniel) who told us what was revealed to him by God about Jesus Christ: “And was given dominion, and glory, and kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his Kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.” Daniel 7:14.
These two Prophets told us that the kingdom of Christ Jesus would be everlasting, and it shall not end. We are satisfied that only the dominion of Jesus Christ is forever. Indeed many empires all over the world had come and passed away. The Persian Empire, the Roman Empire even the British Empire, all have come and passed away, but the dominion of the new born King can never come to an end. It is everlasting and forever. His Kingdom shall never be destroyed.
2. God revealed the birth of Jesus to the wise men from the east: ” Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem” Mt.2:1 “And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down and worshipped him and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts” Mt.2:11.
One other important thing to know is that this Jesus is the Messiah.
The birth of Jesus Christ has its season called Christmas. All over the world, Christmas is celebrated to mark the birth of Christ.
3. Today many do not celebrate Christmas to please Christ. Instead they celebrate Christmas to please themselves and their evil desires. Some buy some quantities of alcohol ready for the celebration of Christmas. There is joy in their hearts that they have enough bottles of alcoholic drinks for themselves and their visitors. And visitors that are alcoholic know places to visit to get alcohol even if they would have to walk long distance for alcohol for the celebration of Christmas.
The scripture has stated that the devil is always moving to and fro to seek who to devour. Christmas season is not an exception to look for those to devour, those to ruin and those to pull down.
The pleasures of this world should not be allowed in our Christian living whether it is Christmas time or not. It is unfortunate a lot of people sustain bruises at Christmas either as a result of falling into gutters or riding recklessly on the road fully intoxicated with alcohol. Some even roam about the street in search of where they can get alcohol to drink.
4. At Christmas we should be fully guided with the word of God.
Youths in particular should be guided with the scripture especially at festive times such as Christmas and at all times: “Where without shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart that I might not sin against thee”. Psalm 119: 9 – 11.
It is sad that many still commit fornication and adultery during festive periods including the Christmas season when dancing parties are organized here and there including night parties and entertainment galore – all to please the desires of the flesh which lead people to hell fire.
5. When your eyes are open to the true purpose of Christmas you would see the great need to observe it in holiless running away from all the attractions of sin; you would also love to worship, with other Christians, the Lord Jesus, the Messiah, as your King and Saviour with great honour unto him.
Why is stealing and breaking into houses rampant at festive times such as Christmas? People want to get more money in unrighteous ways to please flesh as they always love the world and the things of the world: “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.” 1 John 2: 15 – 16.
At Christmas draw people to Christ so that they would not continue in sins. ‘’Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine. ’’ 2 Tim. 4: 2.
At Christmas we ought not to forget the poor, the needy and the sick.
Christmas is not a time for running into sin but a time of soberness and a time to flee from all evils: “Abstain from all appearance of evil.” 1 Thes. 5: 22.